The World Leaders in Tower and Pole
Design and Manufacturing
ROHN Products LLC is proud to be the most recent addition to the heritage that is ROHN. Founded in 1948 by Dwight Rohn to manufacture small television towers, the ROHN product line and reputation has grown to be recognized as the standard in the tower industry.
In 1948, the company opened in a small airport hanger in Bellevue, Illinois, near the Peoria Airport. The main product was a small tower used by homeowners for television reception.
By 1962, the company's expanding operation prompted a move to a bigger facility. This location allowed room for more welders, larger equipment and a galvanizing operation.
In 1968, the tower reappeared in the logo to reflect the growth in communications products. The company name had grown to be recognized around the world. Our first installation in Antarctica took place in this same year.
In the early 1970's, Unarco acquired ROHN and created a ROHN division of Unarco.
In the late 1970's, UNARCO Industries consolidated operations and changed the name to UNR-Industries.
During the 1980's and early 1990's, UNR slowly divested itself of the various subsidiaries that made up the UNR family of companies. By 1997, the company had dropped the "UNR" and had become simply ROHN.
In 2004, Canadian based Radian purchased the assets of ROHN and formed a separate ROHN division. The new organization offered towers ranging in size from the original 25G to the largest broadcast towers in the world.
In 2008, ROHN Products LLC became independent again and returned to the familiar red "O" logo that is recognized throughout the industry as the mark of excellence.